Moore's Bridge Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

In Greene County, right under route 23A, about 1.9 miles from Palenville on Kaaterskill Creek. This is best accessed by parking in a small pullout east of the falls, then walking up over the bridge past the falls and descending on the far side.
Moore's Bridge Falls 1.jpg
Moore's Bridge Falls 1.jpg (155.26 KiB) Viewed 8089 times
Moore's Bridge Falls 2.jpg
Moore's Bridge Falls 2.jpg (162.69 KiB) Viewed 8089 times
42 10' 37.78"N
74 3' 18.96" W
Last edited by George on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Nicely done, keeping most of the bridge out of the frame, something that's hard to do at this set.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excellent shots. Love the color of the rock there.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Does anyone have problems with the older pics like George's not showing properly?
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

The ones here seem corrupted or missing. Looks like they were uploads directly to the site, so something must have happened.
LGD
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Thanks LGD for confirming. Lot's of the Catskills pictures seem to be corrupted. Thankfully many of yours are still good. They have been helpful to me. I just spent a few days in the region. Only made it to Kaaterskill but that is one of my favorites anyways. The flow was strong this time.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Yes, with the rain lately, I'm sure they are running full. I've yet to go there this year. I have some shots of the Moore's Bridge falls, I'll see if I can get some posted.

Here they are, I don't have too many, looks like I've only been there a couple times. Usually on the way past to Kaaterskill or into the mountains.

Here's one I took on a hot summer day of some people swimming and having fun jumping off the rocks. This is obviously the sort of thing we don't want and is probably why all the parking areas along this section of the road have been blocked off.

A shot when there was much more water, I think late fall, of my friend getting set up to take some shots.

And the shot I took trying to get most of the bridge out of the frame. Not too easy to do, and I think the composition suffers for it, but it is what it is. This is probably why we never stopped there too much, it's just too hard to get a good shot without the bridge.

LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing