Fillmore Glen State Park - Cayuga County

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Fillmore Glen State Park

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
No votes
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip
63%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
38%

Total votes: 16
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Great photos!
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

champy1013 wrote:
Are you using Photomatix for your HDR? and do you process from a single RAW or do you change aperture when you bracket?
Thanks! All of these were done in photomatrix. I've also been trying a trial of Nik HDR Effex Pro. It seems to be superior in most ways. The number of controls is really just incredible - it seems like they've thought of everything, including a halo reduction gradient. There are also 30 presets that you can compare side by side. My big problem with that program is that it crashes more than half of the time I try to process a photo and sometimes I just give up on a particular set of exposures. I have an up to date desktop with plenty of ram - really not sure what the problem is (the system requirements they list are really nothing out of the ordinary).

I usually do multiple exposure - it kind of depends on how motivated I am to setup the tripod for every shot, but my favorite hdr's always come from multiple shots. My only problem is that I have a cheap dslr without very good bracketing control, so I have to spin a dial on the camera between shots - sometimes I end up moving the camera slightly bc my old $10 tripod doesn't exactly lock the way it should anymore.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
jroz
Junior
Junior

I got photos of the Upper Falls this summer. Walked up the creek to get there. Probably the most downed trees I have ever seen on a creek walk before.
Would have liked to get photos of it when I was there in October, but the water flow was too great to try it and I'm not someone who would risk traversing a slippery hillside.

Links to 2 videos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jroz/47142 ... 208588794/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jroz/47150 ... 208588794/
jroz
Junior
Junior

For good measure, some of the fall photos I shot there last month:

spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Great shots!!!

Welcome aboard!
-----
spec
jroz
Junior
Junior

Thanks, I've been lurking for sometime and figured it was time to jump on board!
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Nice pics, Jroz. Welcome!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great pics!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook