Taughannock Falls State Park

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Taughannock Falls

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
4%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
30%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
67%

Total votes: 27
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

These falls are all plotted on the big mape here
http://www.nyfalls.com/gmap.html
And visit our profile pages for driving directions as well as other tips for when you visit.
http://www.nyfalls.com/waterfalls.html#Tompkins_County
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

I've printed out a bunch of stuff from the site here. Looking forward to it for sure. We're leaving here around 9 and hopefully get to Ithaca around 11. I'm hopefully going to find a town map when I get there and maybe that will aid us as we go from one place to another. Looks like it will be a nice day, too, so that will be a good thing to be out and about in that weather.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

I hope you have a good time here in Ithaca, We have a really nice place here. Hope you will share some of your shots with us. :D
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

Very fun day (but cold!) Hit Ithaca Falls, Buttermilk and Taughannock -- which is so impressive. We didn't have much more time for some others, so hopefully another trip will be coming. I'm looking forward to it anyway!

I'll try and post up some pics when I get them processed. I took a ton -- although I'm not as happy with some of them as I wanted to be, but that happens!
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
redreamer
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: CANON REBEL XT EOS

Cool we are heading there today! i am looking forward to it....shall post some photos later......

:)
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

I am glad to hear you enjoyed what you got to see. :D Ithaca is a really great place to see. We have a lot of different waterfalls and just as many gorges to go with them. I am sorry to hear your photos did not all come out the way you hoped, but I am sure they are wonderful all the same. Cannot wait to see some :)
redreamer
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: CANON REBEL XT EOS

the falls are great! the light was awful...... :(

such a dark day!

heres a couple i took..... the walks were rather icy with compacted snow and ice over the top so the hike was a little slower than at other times of the year.....we had fun!

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

Glad to hear you had fun, even in the icy conditions. You have some nice photos from your visit. I went out in the fall and took some photos. Here are some that I took than. I think tT-Falls are my favorite. (close to home that is). This is a wonderful set of falls. :D