Site Announcements

A note from the NYFalls.com founder:
Due to a company restructuring, I will be losing my full time job soon. Although it saddens me to leave the company that I have helped build up for the last 14 years to the success it is today, I am looking forward to new opportunities. I am known for my technical, managerial, and creative abilities, and I hope to utilize all of those talents in my next career. I put together a résumé outlining my skills and projects. Please have a look. Although I am open to any management position, I would like to leverage my experience and success with NYFalls.com and NYHistoric.com into a career in the WNY travel/tourism industry. If you know of a company that would benefit from someone with talents and experience, please spread the word. Thank you for your help and support.
Here is my Resume | Discussion topic

Hulls Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Hulls Falls

Postby L_G_D » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm

First off, I apologize in advance for the quality of these pics, they were shot on cheap film way back when, under poor lighting conditions.

Hulls Falls is one of those places that was a popular swimming spot at one time. Back then, the signs read "Enter at your own risk" and lots of people did. You parked along the road and walked around the fence down to the falls where there's a great pool to swim in. But, that has all changed, the signs are now the standard "Posted - No Trespassing" signs and I haven't seen anyone in there in several years. These shots were taken before the situation changed.

First off the standard lazy summer afternoon at the swimmng hole shot:

The left fall of the lower set

Same fall, less water

The right fall of the lower set

another view of the right one

The falls that are above the bridge

and a parting shot of the swimmers from the bridge, high contrast due to bright sun

That's it for this one, unless the ownership situation changes and the public is allowed access again, that's all I'll ever have.
LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Advertisement

Thanks for supporting our site by using our advertisers!

Re: Hulls Falls

Postby cbobcat49 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm

We visited here in September of '07 after climbing Cascade Mountain. It's a nice scenic spot!
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49

Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400
Challenge wins: :star1:

Postby L_G_D » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Were the posted signs still there? Or did you just sneak in?
LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Postby Matt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 pm

looks cool.
Matt
President
President

Camera Model: Olympus OMD Em-1; E-5
Challenge wins: :star:

Postby cbobcat49 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 am

We just looked at it from the bridge. Not because we saw signs but we didn't have enough time to go down for a closer look. We did see people down there though.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49

Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400
Challenge wins: :star1:

Postby L_G_D » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Really, that's interesting. Might be one of those "no harm no foul" type of posted areas. I'll have to swing by there the next time I'm up that way.
LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Postby hobkyl » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 am

Just drove by...heavily posted and fenced right to bridge. I would think this is considered navigable though so another approach might work.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Camera Model: Pentax K30
Challenge wins: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1:

Postby L_G_D » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks for the info. It would be easy enough to walk down along the stream from the rte 73 bridge.
LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Return to NY Waterfall Discussion

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Click for Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix