New Quests

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

pgflyer1 wrote:Kelly:
Question: When I post a new one in here, I don't get "updates" in my mail box that someone posted something too OR that someone commented on my photo. Why is that? I only see results when I stop in to see what's going on in here.
Regards:
If you were once getting notified but aren't anymore, I'm not sure. Seems like maybe we're having an issue with emails coming from the site. In the meantime, try this and make sure you are still subscribed to the topics you want to check on.

Go into your User Control Panel.
Click manage subscriptions.
And then check the topics you want to be notified about.

Hang in there. We will look into it. Or shall I say....Matt will look into it. :mrgreen:

EDIT: OK I think he's got it fixed now. See what happens and let us know! Thanks for inquiring!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

When I switched to the new web host, I forgot one small detail in the message board that killed the e-mail feature. I apologize for this. It seems to be fixed now. Let me know if it isn't.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Thanks Matt ! It seems to be working fine now.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Here is video of this falls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RilUPZUAqw
marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

A friend told me of a falls he knew near King Ferry, NY. I found that one and four others on my topo map and verified them on Bing maps.
I went to Clifton falls, nobody home, land is posted, didn't get any shots! Went to Moonshine falls, talked with a resident that said it's very steep once you get close to falls, he didn't recommend going in. Seems all the falls in this area have very unstable ravine walls. So we went to Black rock rd falls, another owner told me that he would let us EVEN walk over near the upper edge of ravine because you could fall in.. BUT he said there are two upper falls where creek crosses under road. Next we went to Clearview rd, upper falls and lower one both are on private property and nobody home. Last we went to Fire lane six falls, it's on a one lane road, 5 mph on this road and is a dead end too! Stopped back at 1 st. falls and still nobody home.
Black rock upper falls0316 HD sml.JPG
Black rock upper falls0316 HD sml.JPG (258.63 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Black rock middle falls0312 HD sml.JPG
Black rock middle falls0312 HD sml.JPG (258.2 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Fire lane six falls HD sml.JPG
Fire lane six falls HD sml.JPG (251.54 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Marty