Ludlowville Falls - Tompkins County

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Ludlowville Falls

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
17%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
67%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
17%

Total votes: 6
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Matt wrote:I looked into these when I was out there years ago. Someone wrote to me about them. They are on private land. Buck creek (actually two creeks that stem fromt he same source and end in Salmon Creek), seasonal tributaries, running only in winter, spring, and after rain.
Those are the ones that empty into Salmon below Ludlowville Falls, right? There's the one set on the northern creek that looks fantastic!!

The gun club is above the falls and there's a couple falls on their land that look intriguing to say the least. (the last couple links in my list above) Being that they're already geared towards the outdoor activities, I'm thinking they'd be cool about giving permission to hike there. The very nature of the place assures that I'm gonna call ahead and get permission! :woo:
-----
spec
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

if they agree as long as you dress like a mallard, I would be suspicious.
gardengirl13
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: OMD-EM5

Very nice shots here! We're planning a trip to Watkins Glen/Ithaca this spring and this is on my list to check out.
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Matt wrote:if they agree as long as you dress like a mallard, I would be suspicious.

:mrgreen: Yeah, I think a couple alarms would be goin' off in my head on that one.
-----
spec
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

So I shouldn't wear the antlers that came in the mail?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

spec wrote:The gun club is above the falls and there's a couple falls on their land that look intriguing to say the least. (the last couple links in my list above) Being that they're already geared towards the outdoor activities, I'm thinking they'd be cool about giving permission to hike there. The very nature of the place assures that I'm gonna call ahead and get permission! :woo:
I spent a lot of time there years ago. They should have no problem with anyone hiking as long as there's nothing going on at the club on that given day. You'll probably have better luck contacting them by email because finding someone at the club is hit & miss.
Last edited by Brenda on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: redundant information
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

hobkyl wrote:So I shouldn't wear the antlers that came in the mail?
Not unless you can run fast.
-----
spec
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

spec wrote:
Ah -- that one.. for the falls further up Salmon Creek.. I throught you were referencing the ones between dug rd and buck rd, below Ludlowville Falls.

I just searched the listed address with google.. Lansing Rod and Gun Club.

Oops I misplaced myself while viewing. You are correct, the LARGE falls are accessed via several different properties.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook