A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.
Moderators: Kelly, Brenda
I was working in the New Paltz area last week and had a chance to run over to Minnewaska state park and grab a couple quick pics of the 60' Awosting Falls. This is a very nice area and would definitely be worth checking out if anyone is ever in the area, I want to go back when I have more time and try a few more shots. I did a search on here but did not find any previous mention of these falls, has anyone else been here?
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:29 pm
- Location: Bennington, ny
- Camera Model: Olympus E-520
Here's a couple shots from two years ago:
Minnewaska has tons of great waterfalls, I'll see what other ones I can find.
- Board Expert
- Posts: 691
- Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm
- Location: Capital District area, upstate NY
- Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Posts: 1943
- Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 7:19 pm
- Location: Tonawanda, NY
- Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400
- Challenge wins:
Here are two of Awosting Falls from last fall.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 9:47 am
- Location: Glens Falls, NY
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 am
- Location: Stamford CT
- Camera Model: Canon T1i
My first New York waterfall! After visiting well over 100 in Pa it's about time I ventured north of the border!
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:33 pm
- Location: Lebanon, Pa
- Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
daimonpaul wrote:My first New York waterfall! After visiting well over 100 in Pa it's about time I ventured north of the border!
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:53 am
- Location: Hannibal, NY
- Camera Model: Canon xTi
- Challenge wins:
Return to NY Waterfall Discussion