Parson Falls - Moravia

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Nice photo! In 2010 I shot some photos of this one too. I too thought it was parson's falls. Then a friend filled me in that it's not Parson's. It's actually called "Dodty Falls".
aha! Good to know. This whole area was confusing to us. At first we thought the way to access was from the County road at the top of the hill.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

My friend says that if you go up on long road to the house on curve in road, they will let you walk in to take photos of the main falls when they are home. And getting down into the bottom of that falls in a tricky too, but most people can manage that. Best to catch someone home is on weekends. At least all the times I've been down there on my own. Lower parson falls is quite a hike in from what I've heard.
Good luck on your ventures!
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Sparrow
Rookie

I found this falls north of Parsons Falls on 38 in Moravia. The address was 2315 State Route 38 Moravia, NY 13118. Like someone else posted, it can be seen from the road. I knocked and no one answered. So I took a few snaps and left. I have been trying to find the name of them! Please someone help!
Attachments
Rt 38 01.jpg
Rt 38 01.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 3501 times
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

On a previous post I spelled the name of the lower falls wrong, it should be "Dody" falls. I stopped yesterday and got a few photos. The owners were home and are very nice people. It was late afternoon so I didn't shoot any from across the street because of the position of the sun. Here is a shot of the upper & lower falls:
Dody falls 0025 HD sml.jpg
Dody falls 0025 HD sml.jpg (454.68 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
Dody falls 0023 HD sml.jpg
Dody falls 0023 HD sml.jpg (505.43 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
And I did a video:
https://youtu.be/mU_xokLLv0Q

Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I just got an Email from owners. This property is posted and the owner called the state troopers several times last year (2016) and had people arrested for trespassing ! Just wanted to let all friends know what they are up against going in "Without" permission.
Marty 2/26/2017.