Perryville Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

This falls is on PRIVATE PROPERTY - DO NOT VISIT

Just Northeast of Chittenango Falls... runs down the same rock... Canaseraga Creek.
At least 140 ft high.

Live Search View
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt:
Earlier this week I talked with someone that I deliver too. He says the land owner where perryville falls is WILL let people go in and view falls.. He didn't know the owners name. Using bing maps and rotating birds eye view a couple of times, it's pretty impressive !! I hope this helps who ever going for the pictures ! marty

Maybe there's a member closer to Perryville than me ? They could get there and check it out ? !!
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

interesting bit of info. I wonder if the landowner just lets people enter at will, or by permission.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Impressive looking falls...yet another to look into. I wonder if the Canastota Cazenovia State Trailway go within viewing range.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Today I drove out to Perryville, NY. The owner of Perryville falls lives on Coon road in perryville. The owner will Not give permission to view the falls. And other property owners in the area, do Not give permission to cross their property to get to the creek.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
GrandWazoo
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon Powershot Pro 1

Just a little bit nicer than its sister chittenango falls. plus its wild.

steve
Attachments
perryville.jpg
Last edited by Kelly on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is an interesting question how far men would retain their relative rank if they were divested of their clothes. -Thoreau
GrandWazoo
Rookie

a different view.
Attachments
DSC_0547.JPG
Last edited by Kelly on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is an interesting question how far men would retain their relative rank if they were divested of their clothes. -Thoreau
GrandWazoo
Rookie

Perryville falls is on private land. however there is an easy way to get to the falls using an existing trail and some bushwacking. on quarry road, going north from state rt. 5, almost into perryville, ingalls corners road comes in on left. the trail starts on right side of quarry road opposite the T. This is part of the north dakota to new york trail. follow the trail west for maybe 1/2 mile and you go down steeply to the bed of the old lehigh railroad. the trail continues (you don't continue on trail) by following the railroad bed to the north. this is where you leave the trail and head downhill to the long clearing for the power lines. cross the clearing and keep going straight (west). first you will hit a small trib to canaseraga creek with a very nice waterfall. another 1000 feet and you will hit canaseraga creek and its just a short walk upstream to the falls. great place and no one has ever bothered me nor have i ever seen anyone there. i uploaded a picture of the bonus falls on the way in.
Attachments
perryville_small_falls.JPG