Site Announcements

A note from the NYFalls.com founder:
Due to a company restructuring, I will be losing my full time job soon. Although it saddens me to leave the company that I have helped build up for the last 14 years to the success it is today, I am looking forward to new opportunities. I am known for my technical, managerial, and creative abilities, and I hope to utilize all of those talents in my next career. I put together a résumé outlining my skills and projects. Please have a look. Although I am open to any management position, I would like to leverage my experience and success with NYFalls.com and NYHistoric.com into a career in the WNY travel/tourism industry. If you know of a company that would benefit from someone with talents and experience, please spread the word. Thank you for your help and support.
Here is my Resume | Discussion topic

beaver falls near watertown ny

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

beaver falls near watertown ny

Postby 2carryon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Hello,

I was thinking about painting Beaver Falls, located on outer Massey Street Watertown NY.

We visited it as children. I thought there might be a picture of it on the web, then I came across your site.

I really don't know if it is there any more. The falls were owned by a farmer. His place was called Beaver
Meadows.

When they put in Route 81 it may have been destroyed. You can see 81 from Massey street now so maybe
it is gone.

Nostalgia brought me here.

Thanks
2carryon

Advertisement

Thanks for supporting our site by using our advertisers!

Re: beaver falls near watertown ny

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 am

I don't see any specific info on it... checking the topo maps I see some potential for waterfalls on Mill Creek, which runs along RT 62 and crosses Massey. You can explore the Satelite imagery of the are, to see if you see any white water where you remember it.
Welcome to the forum. Do you paint waterfalls often?
If you do find out more info, please let us know.
Matt
President
President

Camera Model: Olympus OMD Em-1; E-5
Challenge wins: :star:

Return to NY Waterfall Discussion

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Click for Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix